Power Flushing Services, Southwark
WHAT IS A POWER FLUSH
A Power flush is a kind of deep-clean service for your central heating system. It is carried out to remove iron oxide deposits, dirt and sludge build-up that can make your system sluggish. A power flush machine is attached to your system – usually the radiator pipework. The machine pumps high pressure water and cleaning chemicals around your system to remove all metal deposits, sludge and debris from your radiators and pipework.
Building Regulations have now made it compulsory to have a Power Flush on any new boiler installed onto an old system. This ensures your new boiler will work at maximum efficiency with a clean system that is free of debris.
Our team of expert Southwark based heating engineers are ready and waiting to take care of your Power Flushing work. Our technicians have at least 5 years experience working in the field in and around the Southwark area and have worked in may neighbouring properties.
You don’t have to worry about mess either! The flushing process is very clean and there is no mess from any aspect of the work involved. We will not need to remove any of your radiators in order for the job to be completed. The whole power flush procedure from start to finish will last no longer than one day, depending on the number of radiators in your home.
Power flushing is an effective measure to clean your central heating system and includes all pipework and radiators attached to your home system.
DO I NEED TO POWER FLUSH MY CENTRAL HEATING SYSTEM?
Here’s a number of symptoms to look out for:
- Boiler switching on and off frequently (aka “cycling”)
- If you have a combination boiler you may notice that the hot water keeps getting hot and then cold. A non-stable temperature may continue to get worse, until you do not get any hot water at all
- Boiler making banging and/or knocking noises
- Central heating radiators taking a long time to heat up
- Radiators getting cold spots
- Radiators not getting very hot when the pipe work is getting hot
- Blockages slow down the transfer of heat which causes pipe, valve and heating control server damage. It will, in some cases, lead to boiler replacement.
BENEFITS OF POWER FLUSHING
After your system has been power flushed you will see the benefits immediately.
- Efficiency returned to optimum levels
- More reliable heating
- Lower fuel bills (especially if system was previously very dirty)
- Peace of mind
Remember that all new boilers must be power flushed prior to installation. Failure to do so will invalidate your warranty.